Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day One: Whoops, Burgers and Fries

Today I am starting a 100 day program of exercise, I plan to break a sweat each day and push myself a little more every few days, it will be different from time to time, but the idea is to do some exercise for at least 30 minutes every day-no breaks. Not too vigorously at first because (as indicated by the title) I'm lazy...It should also be noted that this is a blog tracking my progress for 100 days and not a workout plan or regimen. I occasionally watch a YouTube tutorial but I am not endorsing anyone one or any program or diet, they all have something to offer if you want to go there for ideas.

So here it goes...Day 1 January 21, 2014 C.E.

I didn't start off too good this morning, (too many G&T's last night). That's ok I'm gonna power through and without coffee, even though caffeine can give you energy and alertness, before a workout I wouldn't recommend it. any caffeine drink especially hot coffee when I do something physical makes me all hot and itchy and short of breath, it's weird. But I assume it happens to others as well.

Next I have to pick some Gangsta Rap to get me in the mood for working out... Turns out Gangsta Rap is pretty vulgar, gonna have to switch to Techno or Heavy Metal (I have kids)

I started today real light, (I've been pretty stagnant for the past year-pretty much a sloth on a strict diet of Breakfast Burritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer) just some stretches. then 40 squats 40 pushups (not all at once good god) and 40 situps. not quite ready to handle progression moves just yet, or diamond pushups or pullups of any kind, plus I don't have a pullup/chinup bar, gonna have to go find a tree branch. gonna finish with a short walk and I think thats good for day one. My hunger is ravenous. Unfortunately I caved and got burgers and fries with the Family. this is a sad start indeed as I plan to eat healthier in addition to working out-more veggies, less fast food and processed packaged foods, that's about it. Man I'm already failing!!! the short walk BTW, didn't happen

Well that's it for Day one, all and all I feel triumphant... and fat

No comments:

Post a Comment